Covid 19 Updates
In these uncertain times, there is one thing I trust we can all be certain of: we look forward to the escape boating provides us now more than ever! With that in mind, we are pleased to announce that working on your boats has been considered essential by Governor Baker’s updated order. We look forward to getting back to the business of making sure your boat is ready for you and your family as our season approaches.
Your safety and the safety of our team remain our number one priority. As we shared earlier, we sent all our team home to work remotely, while keeping our digital doors open using state-of-the-art digital technologies. We also sent our technicians home with full pay, while keeping a small rotation on site to assure our yard and customers’ boats are secure.
Our technicians will return to working on site to continue preparing our customers’ boats for launching this season. During this time, we ask for your help and cooperation in creating a safe environment for our technicians by not visiting us or your boat until May 4th (the date established in Governor Baker’s updated order) unless you have made a specific appointment in advance. Our buildings and shops will be closed to the public, including the Captain’s House (our shower/laundry facilities).
At the same time, I would like to take this opportunity to remind you that we ARE open!
Our digital door is wide open, and we welcome you inside to engage with us. We will continue to use the following tools to safely engage with you during this time:
- All on-site visits are by appointment only. Please schedule an appointment with our team prior to visiting our property for any reason.
- Our customer advocates are hosting virtual commissioning meetings and live FaceTime walkthroughs.
- Our sales team are creating custom video walkthroughs as well as scheduling live FaceTime walkthroughs on the boats.
- New boats are open and cleaned regularly to allow prospective customers to schedule a visit and walk through the boat on their own.
- We are traveling to owners’ boats to do valuations and produce brokerage listings online to market your boats for sale.
- For our active listings, our brokers are reaching out to each of you. We also encourage you to reach out to our sales team through call, text, or email.
We appreciate your help and patience during this challenging time. If you need anything, please contact us via our normal channels. If you have any concerns or questions, we encourage you to reach out to our team. We are only a phone call or email away, and we encourage you to keep the lines of communications open.
We look forward to seeing our extended boating family once the spread has subsided and wish you and your family the best during this challenging time.
To Our Good Health,
Dave Nolan, President
Cape Yachts / South Wharf Yacht Yard